Jan 06 2009 ∞
Thanks to MD for the idea.
Resolutions. These are things I must do for the significant betterment of myself.
- Start higher education.
- For fuck’s sake, I work a block from CCP at the moment.
- I don’t want to do IT for the rest of my life. I’ll stay computer & tech savvy, but I’d like tech to be tools in my work rather than work’s primary focus.
- Drive towards having as good a relationship with my brother as the one I share with my sister.
Plans. These aren’t resolutions, merely things that can result in lifestyle improvements and satisfaction of pursuits.
- Get the house feeling like home. It’s moving at a slow crawl.
- Blog more regularly. My writing already suffers and I do have a lot to say.
- Blog about my fantastic trip before I forget it.
- Use Yelp.com like I mean it.
- Move to a more robust and variable password variety system. Most of my identities have a unique and relatively strong password, but they could be stronger, tougher to extrapolate the others from, and still easy for me to categorize.
- Fully migrate my google identity & primary email to Steven.Feldman@ (calendar, contacts, docs, chat, etc). Minimize use of my bootsector.org account with the intent to leave it entirely, and migrate chickencow@ to solely a mailing list/bulk/spam account.
- There are a lot of Steven Feldmans out there apparently. I’ve received some funny emails.
- Google Docs. ‘nuff said
- BSG from beginning to end. I’ve hardly seen any and I owe it to the small but starving sci-fi fanboy in me. Thanks Sipes
- Stay away from timesink video games. Fallout 3 is kicking my ass in awesomeness and squandered time.
- Decide on and build a network at home functional for Anne & I. Desired results: RAID file/media server, media PC for downstiars, comfortable office PC, strong wireless access in basement, yard, and all rooms.
- I really liked the apple TV. Is there a linux equivalent, and is it as good? Will Apple TV work with non-apple file servers? DVR?
- No Windows OS in the house except for laptops.
- Play Go a little more regularly
- Get certifications while I’m still at NTR